2m to read /
Mobile usage will exceed that of all other devices combined by 2018 according to Global Web Index. A quality mobile experience is a must have for any brand today. Here are 10 important points to remember when developing a mobile strategy.
1. Focus on the audience.
You need to really understand what your audience wants as an experience on mobile. Remember, that they'll want that something almost there and then – that's the very nature of mobile.
2. Understand the experience - from awareness to purchase
Today's process is not as simple as Awareness to Intent to Desire to Action. There's a lot of research and social interaction involved in between.Customer Insights is your First Step in Digital Marketing
3. The rule of thumbRemember to plan the experience based on the mobile screen itself. Plan for thumb action. Make interactions easy.
Whether on a responsive website or an app, or both, you need to be there when your audience is looking for a solution.
4. Be there on mobile.
6 Ways to Be There in Today's Search Driven World
Mobile should not be a lat point to tick off on your marketing strategy list. Today you need to have a mobile specific strategy for your brand that focuses on the consumer – your target audience.
5. Develop a mobile centric and mobile specific strategy
5 Ways to Develop a Consumer Focused Mobile Marketing Strategy
6. Provide the mobile experienceDevelop an engagement strategy and decide what serves your purpose better – a responsive website or an app – or both. Regardless, you have to have clear insights on what your audience needs are and provide appropriate information and content. 30% of visitors immediately switch to another site if they don’t get what they need.
Mobile Marketing: Native App or Responsive Website? Which one's right?
Lean Forward : Mobile and App Marketing Strategy Essentials
7. Ease the processThis experience needs to bale to provide for quick interaction and be easy to navigate through. Reduce steps and layers for the user. Make information easy to access. Make calls to action easy to see and respond to. Remember to plan for the thumb as interaction tool.
How to create a winning mobile App for your Brand
8. Use all aspects of mobileDon't stop at making your website mobile friendly. Your emails should be responsive and mobile friendly as well. Your social media content should be geared for mobile engagement. Your video content should be mobile ready. Some brands are actually creating vertical videos these days, keeping mobile in mind.
9. Be prepared for the multi screen experienceRemember that today's audiences move from one screen to another for convenience and ease of use. They pick whatever device suits them at whatever time of day. This is both a challenge and an opportunity.
Audience attention is a real challenge with multi screen, multi device marketing
Understand and use the Power of Multiscreen Marketing Strategy today
Wearables provide a huge opportunity for here and now engagement. Wearables aren’t a fad or trend that can be ignored. Like mobile, the technology is here to stay—and to transform digital marketing as we know it. Wearables help gather insightful customer data—including location, behavior and activity levels—which can be used to deliver personalized marketing messages. And, remember that wearable is wheneverable and whereverable!
10. Don't ignore Wearables. They are the most immediate form of Mobile.
Use the Power of Here and Now: Convenience Marketing with Wearables
And that's the basics of digital marketing strategy. That's 101. Please share this post with your friends and colleagues today... And do comment if you feel you want to add to this.